Deep Reformer Connections<br>Michele Larsson<br>Class 714

Deep Reformer Connections
Michele Larsson
Class 714

Watch this Class
Lovely to see you Michele, I realize now as a more seasoned instructor how much I learned from you.
Description needs to change from "no props". Thanks.
Hi Michelle,
I just skimmed through this class again and I don't see any props used by Michele. Please let me know what I missed. If you are referring to the box, we do not consider a box a prop. I am aware that many at home Reformers are not sold with boxes or they are an additional cost, but the box is part of the Reformer in the same way a strap is. You will find 90% of our Reformer classes will use the box. The only time we list a box as a prop is when it is used differently than on a Reformer. Sometimes instructors use it on the Cadillac and sometimes they use it alone on the Mat. All that said, it is very possible I missed hand weights or something else, so just let me know. Thank you.
Incidentally, I just filmed a short tutorial on how to modify common exercises done on the box if you don't have one. It should be ready to put on the site very soon.

Paola Maruca
I must say...I feel like I went through therapy...I simply looooove the way I felt throughout the class and after. A true Master Pilates Instructor. Thank you PA for always bringing us the best of the best. What a treat!!!!! More of Mrs Larsson, please!!!!!!
I was part of Virginia Nicholas' first graduating class of Pilates Core Integration. Virginia was certified through Michele and I never got the honor of meeting her or taking a class from her. Now that I teach in New York City, I am thrilled that I can return to this calm, studious approach to Pilates in such a fast paced environment. Only wish I had seen it last year! Virginia's teaching style is very similar. I adore them both. Thank you Michele and PA. Keep up the invaluable work!
Thank you Michelle. I loved the opening moves at the start of the class and really loved the short box spine extension. Swan is always an uncomfortable experience when you have man parts and this was a great alternative. You are so right that some adaption here to make it comfortable is better than skipping it and losing out on the movement. Being told that Joseph Pilates was a man and created the exercise is less helpful. Mind you, those bathing trunks of his were probably quite compressive so perhaps I should try it with the the JP preferred uniform!
why are there so many instructors who don't mention what springs to use? such a waste of my time to start a workout and then have to stop it to look for another.
Elizabeth, thank you for your feedback. I have just reviewed this video and am unsure as to what Michele could have done differently. She consistently lists the spring changes through the workout.

Class starts with a light spring (think one blue spring or the lightest spring you have). At 3:44 Michele asks that you change your spring (if necessary) to one red or one medium spring. At 5:44 Michele says to "go to your footwork weight which may be three mediums or two mediums and a light... " The next Spring change comes around the 12 minute mark where we are asked to go to an arm work weight... think one medium Spring... (Continued)...

I will continue to ask instructors to reveal their spring changes when we film. That said, it is impossible to presume to know what version of an apparatus each person taking class is working on so we do the best we can to let you know the basic tension we are using as well as the main point of each exercise hoping you'll judge for yourself whether or not you are meeting that objective based on the springs suggested. If there is a different way you would like us to present the spring changes please let us know specifically what we can do to help you and we will be glad to do it.
21-30 of 34

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin