Cardio Burst Reformer<br>Amy Havens<br>Class 804

Cardio Burst Reformer
Amy Havens
Class 804

Watch this Class
Wonderful class. Really like the progressions you use to smoothly move from simple moves to more complicated. Thankyou- I always get wonderful ideas for my own students from all of your classes.
Hi Jill.......thank you for all your feedback on this jumpboard class and very happy to hear that you enjoyed it! Hope to hear from you again, thank you!
Amy, I love your work
Loved your jumpboard ideas,Amy, thank you!
So glad you enjoyed them Sally, thank you!
1 person likes this.
Hi Amy. You referenced various French dancing terms. Could you spell them out for my notes please? Thx so much. I look forward to givng this workout a go.
Hi Erin! Yes I sure did....! I did say a lot, but here's a bit of a breakdown, basic meanings.

Changement: to change/change of the feet
Saute: a jump.......in landing---the tip of the toe should reach the ground before the heel. Reverse when taking off for a jump.
Coupe: to cut.......this is often a small jump done while travelling and turning, but can be done in place as in this class.
Entrechat: interweaving or braiding. Rapid change of the legs while jumping often incorporating several beats or crossings.
Jete: a jump starting on one foot, landing on the other. It's a throwing step where the working leg is tossed or 'thrown' into the air.

I hope this helps a little bit! Many ballet steps like this are done while travelling across the floor or in a combination that moves a little bit. Doing this jumps in place on the jumpboard can be a little tricky, but great for foot strength, leg strength, stamina, cardio etc. Have fun!
Loved it!! It's especially fun now to do your classes, since I've met you and been to your studio...so it's almost like working out with a friend,in a familiar space ;)
1 person likes this.
Sunni! I'm so happy to have met you as well and thank you so much for taking classes on PA with me! Can't wait to have you up to my studio again......till then!! :)
Loved the variety you have added- thanks so much!
11-20 of 52

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin