Hip and Back Pain<br>Brent Anderson<br>Workshop 1479

Hip and Back Pain
Brent Anderson
Workshop 1479

Watch this Workshop
Loved these videos! Would love to see a video on knees specifically (patellefemoral pain, creaking knees and misalignment) as I realize the hip video would have similarities in movement exercises w/ the knees but would still be interested to see how you would create at rehab plan geared more towards anterior knee pain.
Awesome! Have watched this a few times and everytime I get something more from it!! Just recently certified with Polestar (comprehensive) in Dublin Ireland, just love it all!!
Thank you Jennifer So glad you are enjoying your certification and the video. I look forward to meeting you next time I am in the UK or Ireland. Cheers
Thank you so much PA and Brent Anderson for this fabulous workshop - so impressive! It is wonderful to see such an expert at work, really great explanations of each strategy for each situation, great teaching, thoroughly enjoyed it thanks again.
Question for Brent- starting at about 22:30 you do two exercises that look identical on the reformer. Can you explain the difference? The first you refer to as bridge in Sagittal plane with the camera in side view, then you do what you call bride with translation and the camera is looking down on the reformer with hips moving as if on a skateboard. It is hard to tell from the side view what is going on in the first exercise.
The regular bridge is simply an articulation of the spine in the sagittal plane (flexion and extension). The lateral translation is a shift or movement of the spine into a side glide segmentally. Imagine that you have a skateboard under your bottom and you slide the board to the right and the left, when you return to the middle drop down another segment in the sagittal plane and then repeat the lateral translation to the right and left and repeat. Hope that helps. B
Shari H
Awesome information and presentation! I love the muscle energy technique for pelvic obliquity and use it frequently. Thank you for the anterior hip info as well. It helped me to better understand an issue I see with anterior hip replacements... actually my hip replacement.
Hi Brent, before I move on to purchase this workshop. The anterior hip pain does that mean for people who suffer from lordosis like a sway back?
Great workshop and feel I have a few issues similar to Meredith that I now understand better.
Another great workshop from Brent Anderson. Both segments of the workshop are especially relevant to me since I broke my hip and often get low back pain on the opposite side of the injury. I wish I had Brent to assess me but as that's not possible I am happy to have some techniques to try to relieve the pain. Question: I have hardware in my hip, a plate and several screws, so the left hip has less mobility than the right, also the left leg is slightly shorter than the right. Can I regain an optimum hip glide  with this hardware in or is it permanently inhibited? I will experiment with the exercises in this workshop. Many thanks 
21-30 of 35

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin