Spring Loads

1 person likes this.
I frequently receive questions about springs from our members. The only resource I have found to answer questions is from
Balanced Body. If the other manufactures were to publish the same data then we could create a chart. I would be happy to do that if the date could be obtained.
2 people like this.
I have both Peak and Balanced Body reformers, and do group classes. What I initially did was take the (yellow, I believe) spring on the Peak reformer and wrap red electrical tape around it, thus making it a "red". I put green on the heaviest spring, and blue on the half so that they were "similar". Then, when my Peak machine springs wore out, I actually ordered Balanced Body springs so that there would be no "conversion". The springs worked fine. I just purchased a Stott machine, and this isn't going to work, but for the others.......it has been fine.
I am not new to Pilates, but I am fairly new to Pilates Anytime, and I love it -- so much, in fact, that I just purchased a BB Studio Reformer/Tower combo. I feel more comfortable using equipment at home on my own with your wonderful instruction! I notice your BB reformers (in the ocean-front studio) have the Revo footbar and spring system. I got the same. Can you please tell me whether instructors usually load the springs on the hooks or buttons? And what color are your 5 springs? Thank you (Balanced Body should thank you, too.)
Hi Janie ~ Thank you for all the kind words. We're really glad to hear of your increasing confidence with the equipment. I think just about everyone uses the hooks unless they are really going for nuance with weight. Three of our BB Reformers are 3 red springs, 1 blue spring and 1 green spring. The other is 3 Red, 1 green and 1 yellow.
Hi, Did anyone create or find a conversion chart for what springs to use on the Peak Equipment for beginners? This would be helpful. Thank you!
Marzena ~ I use Peak equipment at my studio and we have Red, Yellow, and Blue Springs. The equivalent to these on a Balanced Body Reformer would be Red=Green, Yellow=Red, and Blue=Blue. I hope this helps.
Karin H
Gia I agree!
This is a wonderful conversation. I have a Teague reformer and I would like to know how the springs you're using in the videos applies to mine. On the Teague red=heavy, blue=medium and yellow=light (they have a green that is very light, but I have a 4 spring system for now).
How do my colors compare to Balanced Body and Stott.

Thank you so much.
Sue ~ On Balanced Body, Green=Heavy, Red=Medium, Blue=Light, Yellow=Very Light. On Stott, they have four heavy and one light. You sometimes need to adjust the tension by moving the gear forward or back depending on the exercise. I hope this helps!
2 people like this.
Thank you Gia! Wouldn't it be nice if everyone used the same color coding? This makes a lot more sense now, after watching a few videos where they were using more than one red. I thought, "Wow! That's a heavy load!" Lol!
11-20 of 27

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin