Stretches for Golf<br>Anthony Lett<br>Class 1302

Stretches for Golf
Anthony Lett
Class 1302

Watch this Class
Hi Sarah......i put that stretch in our adv classes and they LOVE it!! (and one is a huge golfer) Everyone has ahold of their own foot, so they can adjust according to what their quads "say" It is on my top ten "Vital Stretch" list!
2 people like this.
Hi Sarah, Was there one stretch in particular that was to tough, or did you mean all of them? The stretches presented should all be able to be practiced with delicacy and gentleness.. Ask the golfers to apply the same focus on their stretches as they do when they are putting:) Also, they are swinging their bodies with far greater velocity, and holding a steel rod, when golfing, than with these stretches so they ought to be able to manage if done with awareness.
Raymond Harris
My favourite stretch's to date! My clients LOVED these stretch's. Ranging in many ages and my serious golfers were very thankful. Thanks Raymond
fantastic to hear Raymond, thanks for the feedback.
Great help for me as a Golfer. Very good verbal instructions. Lovely to hear an Australian voice.
thank you Marie! Cant stand to listen to myself, but glad you can tolerate it :)
una pena que no este subtitulado
Great stretches.....planning to use the BOSU to replace the ladder barrel....and perhaps a swiss ball for the forward flexion piece. Not as great as the LB, but no ladder barrel. That pigeon stretch is a dewzy...most likely will use long box for my clients - they are pretty tight. Thank you for this!
Thanks for the feedback Jennifer. Enjoy!
Maggie L
I was confused, perhaps because these are presented as "stretches" and not "exercises" which side you suggest doing ONLY for a few months?

Specifically, a right handed golfer who swings to the left. I'd think stretching the overused side would be good in order to release the chronic contraction, and activating the opposite rotation would be good to create balance. You refer to only doing the "tight" side but that could mean "tight because it's always doing that rotation" OR "tight because it's NOT doing a lot of rotation"
11-20 of 27

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin