Mat Basics<br>Benjamin Degenhardt<br>Class 2264

Mat Basics
Benjamin Degenhardt
Class 2264

Watch this Class
Benjamin Degenhardt
Thanks Beth - it was so wonderful to have you in these classes, and I'm thrilled you are taking them again ;)
1 person likes this.
Hands on the Back - Bringing an awareness to the Posterior Chain group of muscles, which is not often spoken about.
Excellent.
1 person likes this.
Love this,so good to go back to basics and refresh what you take for granted.
1 person likes this.
Thank you for a great class great explanations
Waiting for the next one...
1 person likes this.
Just what I needed after a heavy session of gardening! Thank you - feeling brilliant now! Looking forward to the next instalment.
1 person likes this.
thank you B
enjamin you are amazing
1 person likes this.
Loved this session Benjamin. Just a bit confused with principles of Leg Circles. I've been taught pelvis to stays anchored on mat as leg circles, not lifting with spine rotation as you teach. Which is correct? I suppose really no right or wrong it's comes down to what feels good. I like both :)
Benjamin Degenhardt
Thanks so much for your message and question Jaye - correct, there is no right or wrong ;) originally, this exercise had the lifting hips initiating the movement and bringing the spine into rotation and prepare for movements such as Corkscrew and Saw later. Keeping the pelvis anchored is a great exercise in and of itself, for a different goal, and it's a great alternative if spinal stiffness or injury keeps you from doing the original version. If you can, keep practicing both!
1 person likes this.
Really enjoyed your cuing and use of humor, Benjamin! Love your breathing reminders, especially about "stealing your breath." Got to remember that one! Thank you for a wonderful class.
DJ
DJ
1 person likes this.
Thank you lovely gentle teaching. It was interesting to look at the fundamentals this way. The one leg circle I was always taught to focus on pelvic stability? so I have to admit I am a little confused on that one
11-20 of 59

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin