Strong Prenatal Reformer<br>Courtney Miller<br>Class 2699

Strong Prenatal Reformer
Courtney Miller
Class 2699

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
As so many others that did this workout and are not pregnant, neither am I. 67 yrs so I certainly hope not. Loved it so much. Used a pole for the standing work at the beginning to be safe. Thank you!
1 person likes this.
Courtney you are so gifted! Thanks for another great workout :)
1 person likes this.
Excellent class that everyone can do. Enjoyed every moment. Thank you very much
1 person likes this.
As usual I love watching and practicing what you teach Courtney. One thing I noticed was that the short box couldn't fit on and provide enough room to be able to go into 4 point kneeling - I think the reformer I am using (stott) has a shorter carriage length. So I placed the box over the shoulder rests, but this really made the balancing a little precarious, as the box moved as you press the carriage out. Any advice or tips on this?

Thanks again! Great workout for anyone- pregnant or not =)
Love this! I have 2 pregnant clients at the moment & I do most of these exercises with them...but you have given me great ideas by using the box for kneeling side arm work, for kneeling back leg presses, it looks like it would be so much more comfortable for them! I love your spirit, your personality, your teaching skills, your cues, I love how you show what not to do...I always do that too! We have similar teaching styles! I believe the students need to see what not to do so they can realize how wrong it is & not do it! They need that visual! Great job!
1 person likes this.
This was an excellent workout for everyone.
1 person likes this.
this is my second time doing this class and I absolutely love how I am feeling! thank you Courtney
1 person likes this.
This video is listed as Stott. However the instructor is using a balance body reformer. There are several things that I had issue with. The first sequence, standing on the box at the end of the reformer, was difficult since the carriage does not come in as far on the Stott.
Another sequence was also problematic since she placed the box over the headrest but in front of the strap post. The strap holder is below the carriage on the Stott reformer and the box had nothing to keep it from sliding back during that sequence.
Cynthia, thank you for your comments here. I'm sure Courtney will respond as soon as she can. I want to jump in to say that Courtney did not have the choice to use a STOTT Reformer as we don't have them in the studio. Courtney is listed as a STOTT Pilates® teacher because that is her primary training. She also knew she would be on the BB Reformer when she came to teach this class. BB, Gratz, as well as most home Reformers, do have something above the carriage to hold the straps. If it does not translate to your STOTT Reformer, we will all make a better effort going forward to identify those differences in advance. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Courtney Miller
Hi Cynthia! Thank you for watching my class! I'm very happy to answer your questions regarding making modifications for the Stott Reformer. If you bring the carriage/stopper to 1 and 1 the standing front box series should work well since your carriage foot is all the way to the front. You could also use the platform extender instead of the box if that feels better in your body. For the box at shoulder block series, you could place the box in front of the shoulder blocks or try using sticky pads around the proximity of the box to help it stay in place. I hope these suggestions are helpful to you and please let me know how the adjustments go. I love all reformers and am so fourtuniate to be able to train on many different styles. As Kristi mentioned, the reason you see Stott next to my classes is because that is who I received my Pilates training with ❤️ Thank you for working out with me! Courtney
21-30 of 50

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin