Bunions and Hammer Toes<br>Sherri Betz<br>Tutorial 3127

Bunions and Hammer Toes
Sherri Betz
Tutorial 3127

Watch this Tutorial
1 person likes this.
Excellent tutorial. Any information for Norton's syndrome please?
Cynthia G
1 person likes this.
I really appreciate all your advice.
Sandra B
1 person likes this.
Hello Sheri, I wanted to ask if you know anything about fallen 2nd metatarsal, and what to focus on to improve this condition? Thank you.
Hi Sherri. I fell 7 weeks ago and fractured my right great toe. It is mildly displaced and angulated. My Ortho MD suggested non surgical option. The toe is crooked and will be crooked. It does not hurt but is still swollen with limited flexion. Right now my main concern is at the 4th toe which seems to be splayed out and is painful when I walk barefoot. It feels like it is accepting the weight of the foot when I walk. I notice my other 4th toe is splayed out too, but that does not hurt. Would you have any suggestions to improve comfort at the 4th toe? I am still using a cast shoe until the next ortho follow up. I wear toe sox, and have various spacers. Thanks.
Thank you Sherri great tips excellent instruction. 
1 person likes this.
Thank you Sherri, good detail, many things to do and I will be reviewing this video many times to get into my head. 
Sherri Betz
https://www.pilatesanytime.com/account/profile.cfm?cust_id=54676$vickya">Vicky A Cynthia G Theresa Raess thank you so much for your positive feedback...I am sorry that I missed these lovely comments for so long!
Sherri Betz
Diane C I am so sorry that I missed this question!  How are you doing?  Let me know if you have any other questions and I will watch out for your comment.
Sherri Betz
Hi Sandra B, I often place a small pad under the 2nd metatarsal to lift it up.  Have you tried something like that?
Sherri Betz
Beatrice M I would not try to move the client's toe for them passively as that would be out of the scope of practice for a Pilates teacher.  However, with any joint stiffness, it is most often advised to move and stretch the joint to prevent further stiffness and loss of range of motion.  The client should see a PT for evaluation and advice and then you can follow up with the stretches the PT recommended for the client.  I do this for my Pilates staff, where I evaluate the client and then give my teachers recommendations for continuing to help the client.
31-40 of 40

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin