Postnatal Healing Mat<br>Leah Stewart<br>Class 405

Postnatal Healing Mat
Leah Stewart
Class 405

Watch this Class
Leah,
Do you recommend a teacher training program for prenatal/postnatal Pilates? I am a teacher in Austin,Texas. Who taught you?
CJ
this is a great class. instructions are very clear enoyed it thank you, blanche.
Hi Shoshana! I took Carolyne Anthony's Pre/Post natal course several years ago. It gave me a great base and from there I have created various modifications and exercises that felt good for me during my pregnancy and now post pregancy. I am not sure if Carolyne has any courses in Austin. You can learn about her certification courses at //www.thecenterforwomensfitness.com
Hi Blanche!

Thank you so much! Glad that you enjoyed it!
Leah, I saw your article in the Pilates Style this month, You are looking fantastic after the birth of your little boy who is just darling btw! Question, when do you think you could do a class highlighting the step barrel here on PA?? That would be great,
Jamie
I love that Leah was pregnant at the same time as me and that now she's doing post-natal ... Thank you Pilates Anytime for your good timing
You're welcome Summer! Leah is coming back next month to film a few more post natal classes and more!
Great class. Thanks Leah!
Leah, do you have suggestions for me for a student who has a 13 week old baby and had pubic symphysis problems on a previous pregnancy but is very nervous this time.
Geraldine,

Great question! It sounds like your client was not diagnosed with PS dysfunction during this most recent pregnancy, but is concerned about the PS because of a past problem, is that correct?

If your client has experienced previous PS dysfunction and is still quite nervous you may want to honor her fear and hesitation by considering the general movement modifications for PS dysfunction until she feels safe, comfortable and confident. Those include minimal single leg scissoring work, no single leg loaded work, no extreme hip adduction or abduction, minimal standing balance work. In this class, you can modify the supine leg changes by doing one leg at a time or slowing down the pace.

If you come across any exercise that is of concern, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will help you the best I can.
1-10 of 31

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin