Wunda Chair Flow<br>Amy Havens<br>Class 204

Wunda Chair Flow
Amy Havens
Class 204

Watch this Class
OMG! I love your classes... :)
THANK YOU!!! More on the way...I just did a 35min-ish Reformer class last night which should be up soon....stay tuned!
I really enjoyed this class...very precise cueing and I watched her teach it first and then I did it...standing lunge is difficult but your reminders and the time in performing the move is so critical...thank you !
Hi Janice, I appreciate the feedback and comments...thank you so much. I tend to teach a bit on the slower side -- paying close attention to detail and form. This is how I like to move as well. I really feel strongly about set-up and preparation.....just as much as the exercise itself. Talk to you soon! Amy
Great teacher and great cuing! I enjoyed the whole work-out. I love that you use patience and grace to get more out of your students. I did not hear you say "no thats not right" at all.
Leslie Steensrud
Hi Leslie....thank you for such a thoughtful post. I am a patient teacher.......I teach as I was taught and I often use the "Joe-ism"....that Rome was not built in a day! Technique takes a long time to achieve and the kinder and more clear the guidance......I belive students will receive the work much more authentically. I don't believe in "no that's not right"...
1 person likes this.
thanks to you and one other instructor here in Seattle, I have been reminded that lighter spring (and no handholding) on footwork/leg pumps is actually *harder*! Thanks for the challenge. Awesome class. :)
You're so welcome Brooke! The first time I a session with lighter springs set for my footwork, I had one of those "ah ha" moments that really hit home. I really value the lighter spring settings and feel the same as you.... It is a bit " harder" in that wonderfully subtle way! Grace and ease...... Not grunt and stress to move the pedal... And the body. Thanks for writing!
Amy. I love that you said "scoach" to get your client to move. Being from the south, I am always say" scooch" down or up to get my client to move. My first job as an instructor, the owner reprimanded me for saying it..she said it was confusing to the client. Totally threw me off and confused me as to correct pilates wording for awhile. Now that I work out of my own studio, I say it quite often and my clients seem to always respond.. lesson learned!. So that being said, I loved it when u said that!! Great class btw ,, love the way u teach and pay attention to detail and correct alignment for your clients no matter the " correct phasing " to get them there.. Jamie
Hi Jamie!! Ah yes, the 'scooch" and "scosh" words....they work don't they? Glad you enjoyed this class, yes I tend to be a bit detailed. It's about alignment for me, detail and precision .... posture, posture, posture!!
1-10 of 28

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin