Beginner Mat Breakdown 2<br>Monica Wilson<br>Class 808

Beginner Mat Breakdown 2
Monica Wilson
Class 808

Watch this Class
Well thank you Kristi....although I have certificates w/Romana, Polestar and PhysicalMind and have taken lessons w/Power, Peak, Stotts, and BASI instructors and have never heard that "cue"....I guess next I will be hearing some teachers leave the headpiece up for short spine massage and that is okay as well....
This series is really helpful for a beginner like me. However, I still cannot do rolling like a ball. Can't even get my head between my shoulders close to the knee (flexibility?) Should I just concentrate on "rollups" first which I still cannot do without the help of a rolled up towel and block between my thighs?
brilliant demonstration..i would have liked to hear more about the science about breathing and why it's important to engage the powerhouse and which muscles are manipulated by doing so. watched this video three times.
Jo
Whoa! this really a beginning move - actually have heard others comment on the challenge of this move -- can you suggest 'baby steps' to get there?
with the leg rolls it was slightly confusing what she was saying about the hips. Need more feedback about the position of the hips/pelvis.
Monica Wilson
Hi Karen:) I would love to clarify the position of the hips/pelvis. Are you referring to The Roll Over, Single Leg Circles or Rolling like a Ball?
with the roll over, thanks
I, too, was a little confused by Monica's direction to roll all the way onto the head and was happy to see in the comments that either rolling all the way to the head or to the shoulders is correct.
Micall ~ Here is a tutorial that Monica did to break down the Roll Over. I hope you enjoy it!
True beginner
Would be good to see leg circles from different camera angle. Not sure how much cross over to aim for
11-20 of 25

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin