My Story of Recovery After TBI (Blog)

My Story of Recovery After TBI (Blog)

Read This Article
1 person likes this.
Kristi, i have just read your story and very sorry for what happened to you. We are vulnerable creatures and i myself have great fear of what i would do in a situation like yours. You have been handling it amazingly. Thank you so much for sharing this. Wishing you good recovery,XOXOXO
1 person likes this.
Kristi - I am so sorry to just now learn of your accident. I hope you are finding new strength every day. You have been and I know will continue to be an inspiration to the Pilates community.
1 person likes this.
Dear Kristi,
I am saddened to hear your are trying to navigate in your fog. I have never met you however some people are innately blessed shine their light no matter what and I have and continue to bask in it.
You have a beautiful gift of life and change is scary but we learn from those moments where we are most vulnerable. I am confident you you will rise to be an even better version of who you are supposed to be today, tomorrow and the next. Thank you for sharing and being so generous in the way you do, your light still shines, with much respect, Angie
1 person likes this.
Hi Kristi! I had no idea this happened. I am so sorry and I admire you for being so open and brave to discuss this, I am wishing you a speedy recovery and I have a very good feeling that it won't be long. You will heal and you will get your sense of joy back before you know. Sending hugs.
1 person likes this.
Kristi, thank you for your courageous words and vulnerability. My heart goes out to you, as I offer a unique perspective and understanding of your situation. For the better part of the past ten years, I have suffered from debilitating chronic pain. I understand the daily challenges that come with being not quite yourself. Who are you without the markers of your former self?? After years trying to find answers, there was really nowhere to go but in. The mind wants to cling to the familiar, and there is nothing less familiar than losing yourself. I can't speak to your experience, but I have huge compassion for you.those first years of being in pain I refer to as the "blank slate years." Depression would have been easier to indentify with, but blank was unchartered territory. I will make a suggestion for you to find people who understand what you are experiencing. It can be very isolating otherwise.
1 person likes this.
Kristi Cooper I feel like I know you from watching all your videos. I just read about all you have been going through and I'm so sorry for all the pain you have gone through. Thank you for the courage to share your story as now it gives me a glimpse into what a concussion is like for someone and I have a whole new compassion for those who have experienced TBI. Take care. Rochelle
Kristi, we have never met, but your story hits close to home; we lost a family member to a tbi about a year ago. An innocuous slip on a throw rug in the hallway...brain swelled, consciousness never regained. I am sad to hear you have daily pain, but am so so pleased for you and everyone who loves you that you are still a part of this earthly world. It could have, and by many clinical accounts, is often much more tragic. A slip in a single moment in time....bless you for getting up every morning and staring that pain squarely in the eye. I often take your online classes on my days off, but I will certainly watch them with renewed appreciation.
1 person likes this.
Kristi, thanks for sharing your experience. I had no idea..(of course not, we don't know each other and you look so good from the outside in your videos). You're such a strong person handling this pain every day. Don't give up! Full recovery may occur when you least expect it. Every person is different, and hard to catch in "stats". Keep believing !! x
Annie G
1 person likes this.
Kristi I see people on a daily basis coming to the PT clinic( FYZICAL therapy and balance) I work with a massive head injury. You are courageous to do what you do. Your feelings are normal and what ever you go through it's normal. Rehab is part of the process... sucks I know... but if that's what is going to give you your life back... I have been focusing a lot on pilates for rehab and it's amazing what it can do, even with head injury. Good luck with everything sending positive energy.
Kristie, thank you for sharing your story! My husband is still suffering from a concussion sustained on August 13 2016 (during the Wildman Biathlon Race - his road bike slipped on wet train tracks and his head hit the pavement going 20 mph). He is still not better, and definitely not the same person he was before (he refers to that person as 'dead'). Several things you said in your articles resonated with me, because as his wife, I know exactly what you are talking about. The important thing is that you are talking about it. There is NOT ENOUGH research or common knowledge about concussions and TBIs. I'm sending positive thoughts and energy to your continued healing!

- Rachel
31-40 of 55

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin