Standing Pilates Flow<br>Kathy Corey<br>Class 279

Standing Pilates Flow
Kathy Corey
Class 279

Watch this Class
Ann do you have any sense of whether it was the workout or the video itself that made you nauseated? Did you feel better once you stopped class?
Kristi,
It was the workout...I was fine when it was over. It was the butterfly move...I got the exact feeling I get when I get carsick.
Hmmm?
Ann, I can't stop wondering about your butterfly experience... I wonder if this happens in any other movements you do? That exercise certainly has some significant rotation/ stretching/ opening movements to it, which may produce nausea I suppose. I hope you'll have someone exam it if it persists or shows up during other similar movement patterns.
I will share here that for years (although not so much recently) lots of side work (like sideovers) would make me nauseous. And here's the odd part... it happens to my daughter, too!
Love the class great challenge on balance and core.
thank you kathy
Great workout. I teach Pilates myself, and always start and finish my classes in standing alignment. You've given me no end of ideas now. Fabulous!
Kristi...yoga makes me EXTREMELY nauseated. I have never gotten nauseated while working out with my pilates instructor...and she friggin' kills me everytime. But I don't know...I'm weird. I honestly think it's the motion (like motions sickness). I do remember getting nauseated during a dance type workout once.
Thanks Ann. Sounds like you are keeping watch on what is going on for you. Just keep paying attention to it. Honor it, and enjoy your workouts.
awesome! love the upper back work...butterfly is cool!
11-20 of 37

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin