Flow and Precision Mat<br>Amy Havens<br>Class 518

Flow and Precision Mat
Amy Havens
Class 518

Watch this Class
Amy is a pro. She is great at cueing and her reminders about good form are excellent. Great flowing class!
Thank you Amy....two phrases I will borrow from you: "effort the idea" & "collect your abdominals" plus the slow deliberate execution of the exercises. So thankful!
I truly appreciate your direct and clear feedback Linda, thank you so much! :)
So nice to hear from you again Jennifer and I really love that you enjoy some of my phrasing and cueing. Things just come out when I'm teaching so it's nice to hear that it's hitting home for others as well. I appreciate your feedback on my teaching very much. :)
Pele
I was pleasantly surprised ! I saw the word"deliberate" and assumed this would be very stationery like a pre-bed routine, but the challenge was more from holding everything for a long time than from actual flow. Did we actually do 40 spine rotations/twists (with gold post arms) ?
Why thank you Pele! Early on, PA had been filming one of my regular Mat classes that I teach at my studio ...this being an open level class. I get all kinds of students in this class, therefore I teach to who is in my room, not necessarily for the website. I do teach other classes at my studio, various levels (Mat and equipment). Recently PA has been filming another one of my regular studio Mat classes, more intermediate/early advanced level. All this said, I do believe in holding positions--when needed---to connect to the objective of the exercise, to put the mind and body together, to discipline the mind to slow down and for the person to think. I counted, we did 16 reps of seated spinal rotations. I agree, a bit too many....note taken, thank you!
Marlisa E
Beautiful class. Great cueing. I especially liked the static/pulsing poses (for instances, after scissors). I also appreciated the cue of keeping heels over the balls of the feet in plank. Cues/teaching for engaging thigh adductors in the swan dive were helpful also. All around, great workout with excellent instruction and flow.
Marlisa....thank you so much for your comments and feedback. I do appreciate hearing what was liked, what cues made sense and helped with connections. It's important for me as a teacher to hear this kind of feedback so thank you again. Glad you enjoyed the class and I hope I hear from you again!
Great class, very challenging at points- I always have trouble with the neck pull, though- I find that by the time I get one good repetition, the exercise is over! What am I doing wrong?

P.S. More arm work! That's the part that I always have to supplement to feel complete.
1 person likes this.
Holy crap. This class was no joke. But as usual a great challenge from Amy. :)
1-10 of 18

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin