Abdominal Party<br>Dana Santi<br>Class 2412

Abdominal Party
Dana Santi
Class 2412

Watch this Class
3 people like this.
It is very difficult for me not to use my quads when doing ab work, so this class was really helpful for me. In the beginning, I simply flexed my feet when Dana said to reach through the heels, but that is not it, right? How exactly do I reach through my heels and engage the back of my legs? Think of pulling my hip bones away? I was able to do it for a short time, but then I lost the connection again.
7 people like this.
Dorit...correct don't think of it as a flex, it's a reach. Try not to point the foot so much as what you are used to. Pull the top of the foot back just a little yet keeping the the top of the foot a bit longer then heel. Then (keeping the foot from moving) try to reach from the bottom or back of hip to the hamstring or the hamstring to the calf or the calf to the Achilles or heel or the heel to the wall in front of you. Part of it right now is finding which connection works with your brain so you can find it and feel it. Then you can explore the entire opening through the hips in both directions. Hopefully some part of this long comment will help:)!
2 people like this.
Dana, thank you for taking the time to respond. I will try to find the connection because it feels much better!
3 people like this.
This was an amazing class. Creative and well thought out. Thank you so much.
3 people like this.
As one of the students in the class as well as the lucky one to do the Teaser tutorial Dana recently did, I can agree....keep playing with the connections! As a gal who tends to be in her quads and has difficulty sometimes engaging my hamstrings, this class was very, very good for me! Thanks Dana....see you soon!
1 person likes this.
Will keep playing with the connections. Like Amy, I tend to be in my quads and it was very good to focus on engaging my hamstrings. Well thought out class.
2 people like this.
Wondrous class for anyone whose neck often "feels the work" before the targeted muscle group does!! Those preliminary movements before the series of 5 and as a prelude to the teaser were fantastic. Eager to take this class all over again. Thank you.
1 person likes this.
Great class - challenging with some innovative instruction - loved it!
1 person likes this.
aawwww- live it!!!! Thank you!! Amazing!!
1 person likes this.
Dana, there is something in your cueing that takes me to the next level. I love your classes! Thank you so much! Will look for more!
1-10 of 26

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin