Standing Spinal Mobility<br>Ken Gilbert<br>Class 2428

Standing Spinal Mobility
Ken Gilbert
Class 2428

Watch this Class
Gary . . . thank you for this! I truly love this work as I am evolving it over the past 26 years. I appreciate your comments as I love the teaching and receiving from students.
Just took this class again. I know I got more out of it this time, because it was more familiar. I'm not sure what Ken means when he talks about "halo". I looked up the term but couldn't find any meaningful reference to a body halo.  i am just amazed at how these exercises are so crazy effective. Thanks Ken:) 
1 person likes this.
Gary . . . think of a halo like a "hula-hoop" that is an energetic stabilizer. At the pelvis the halo is around the hip joints, at the chest it is around the shoulder joints and at the head it is around the eyes. In the model of chakras the "third eye" is slightly above and between the eyes. Years ago I found that stabilizing the halo at the head allows for a floating of the head as if it is off the spine. Recently, I am exploring the halo at the diaphragm as the fourth halo (tilted front to back at the bottom of the sternum and the bottom of the lowest rib in the back. Let me know if you have more questions about the halos and how the three 
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much! I really enjoyed your explanation of the support of the low abdominals in regard to the side bent with forward flexion and the great break down of neck pull with the towel.
Cynthia G
1 person likes this.
Havent done this class for a while, it is soooo good.  I can feel the difference from what I remember from last time.  The constant reminder to lengthen, I am understanding that more, about the halos.  I had no neck tension this time.  Yay.
41-45 of 45

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin