Reformer to Unwind<br>Kristi Cooper<br>Class 2659

Reformer to Unwind
Kristi Cooper
Class 2659

Watch this Class
2 people like this.
Hi Leslie, Glad you brought that little tidbit up. Kristi: Is that the Aston Kinetics (Judith Aston) "feathering" you were referring to? If so, there is a great video on PA with Judith Aston working with Kristi and another one w/ a whole class using this technique for sitting and standing rolling back. I think it's somewhat based on the idea that our bodies' are dynamically asymmetric. I believe its more of a lateral shifting as one articulates the spine rolling down. (please correct me if I am wrong) All I know is that it has totally changed the way I articulate any type of roll back. It's sort of hard to not do it now that I learned about it from Judith & Kristi. Thank you so much PA I LOVE you guys!
1 person likes this.
Yes that is what I thought and I had the name at the tip of my tongue Judith A.xxxn..... For me it is shimmying through the trunk, but still not sure if that was what Kristi was intending.
Leslie, Jeanne is spot on with what I was referring to and explains my reasoning here very well!. Thank you Jeanne! I'm embarrassed to think I didn't refer to Judith Aston specifically if I didn't, but I also know Judith's intent was to teach me, so if I used what she taught me naturally, I hope that's cool too. Two things Judith taught me that have influenced my personal practice most recently are "Feathering" (really powerful in footwork), and the crossing of the straps in chest expansion and anything like it ) Pulling Straps1 (and 2!). I "Feather" no matter who's teaching me these days. It is subtle enough no one would know, but powerful enough to make changes for me. Thanks for being interested.
Here are the two main videos that speak to both things (though there are more):
Class ID 2323
and
Tutorial 2546
Judith is quietly amazing.
1 person likes this.
Love you two together. Great energy. Was happy to seea newc class. Keep them coming. Can i just say i lovejumping right into abs and getting them warm.:))
Elizabeth V
1 person likes this.
You two's banter was so fun!
1 person likes this.
Kristi, you are so funny and natural! I love you teaching, you make me feel relaxed but working at the same time, and that's amazing. Thank you and looking forward to your next class!
Thank you Judit! I really appreciate this comment.
you could feel the oppositional movement just watching.
Joan Breibart
2 people like this.
This was great- doing the session with you two makes me feel like I'm working with friends- I love the exchanges of ideas and "what it feels like" to each of you
21-30 of 36

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin