Bunions and Hammer Toes<br>Sherri Betz<br>Tutorial 3127

Bunions and Hammer Toes
Sherri Betz
Tutorial 3127

Watch this Tutorial
Sherri Betz
Hi Everyone,

Here are the links to the Bunion correctors from different vendors on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTZPPYK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (My favorite)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JEQ7TPA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Good if you have tenderness on the outside of the big toe over the bunion)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HE94SE?psc=1 (Great for an extra strong stretch for less than 2 hours during Yoga, Pilates class or a warm bath!)

Happy Bunion Fixing!
2 people like this.
Thanks that is all clear and very informative information to be easily used in a regular mat class and given as homework. Just a question, how important is it to also plantar flex the foot, stretch the instep and the toes? Many clients do cramp on the inside of the sole with many Pilates movements and I find that they hardly can point their toes/feet. Should the extenstion of the toes be best combined with pointing them too? many thanks Theres
1 person likes this.
That was amazing - so helpful - thank you.
1 person likes this.
My hammer toes are excited! Thank you Sherri Betz !
Sherri Betz
Hi Theres, Yes, I think that pointing the toes while plantarflexing the feet is super important especially for the non-dancer type who has never pointed their toes in the past. They usually cramp because there is a muscle imbalance in their toe extensors and ankle dorsiflexors in relation to the muscle of the arch. In essence, they are fighting the tension on the top of the foot to try to point their toes/foot and the arch is often weak, not too tight. When a client is complaining of cramping, I often say that foot cramps are caused by one of these 4 reasons: 1) Dehydration 2) Lack of magnesium 3) Electrolyte imbalance 4) Muscle imbalance
1 person likes this.
Clear, concise, and highly detailed explanations of bunions and hammertoes, with specific exercises and tools to ameliorate the conditions, makes this a very valuable tutorial. Sheri’s calm, warm, informative, and supportive demeanor drew me in and increased my interest. Well done! Thank you!
1 person likes this.
Thank you very much! very helpful as I am working with a client right now with 2 bunions and one really bad hammer toe. #3 sessions in and she is feeling a lot better! I will incorporate some more of the exercises you shared ! i love the single leg heel lift to check the toe gripping :)
1 person likes this.
So helpful, thank you
1 person likes this.
Fabulous tutorial! Kristi-the close up camera really helps to see what is going on.
1 person likes this.
Thank you Sherri, very useful information! Would you mind sharing the link for the toe stretcher with the spring?
11-20 of 40

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin