What About the Box?<br>Amy Taylor Alpers<br>Tutorial 2205

What About the Box?
Amy Taylor Alpers
Tutorial 2205

Watch this Tutorial
1 person likes this.
Great tutorial! Always love to get new cues! In Polestar training we are tought about adjusting equipment, straps etc according to different "bodies" but it is also true that gratz machines are different from BB and adjustments need to be considered. Thanks for the tutorial
Kim W
2 people like this.
I, too, am BB trained, and the whys and how's of set ups were skimmed over, so this tutorial was helpful and enlightening. The explanations make so much sense! Thank you, Amy!
1 person likes this.
great detail oriented tutorial. thanks!
1 person likes this.
There are so many good pearls of wisdom in this video! I,too, feel, that this was skipped over in my training (or I was so overloaded with info that my brian forgot this part). I will be watching this over and over many times. Thank you Amy!
DJ
DJ
2 people like this.
Wow! thanks! really interesting to watch and will now give it a try - glad i was not demonstrating!! well done K! I too would like to know more about measuring the straps - and maybe a tutorial on this for varying exercises - plus I find it so hard to get them the same length - any hints from anyone?
I think the "skimming" of information that occurs (perhaps must occur) in training programs, is due to the demand we students place on them to graduate in a timely manner... without true apprenticeship like the kind Amy and Rachel had with Romana. Given that, I also think those same graduates could (perhaps must) take on the responsibility of exploring the nuance of the equipment and history of Pilates as a means of further understanding the work they are so compelled to share and the role they have in keeping the method alive.
Katherine D
Thank you Amy! So appreciate your clarity here! Very helpful.
Lori C
1 person likes this.
This was so useful - having worked on many different boxes, I have come to realize that by relating to the spring (and what it should be doing) I am able to work with any length/height of box - although my next purchase is definitely going to be a Centerline :) Thanks Amy!
Yeah!! Another great tutorial from you Amy. SO refreshing. It all makes sense. Can't wait to go down to my reformer and fly like a bird!! Thank you from Antibes, south of France.
Thank you Amy , precious information for a better understanding of the relationship between every part of the reformer and the body !
11-20 of 26

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin