Pilates for Scoliosis<br>Madeline Black<br>Workshop 1261

Pilates for Scoliosis
Madeline Black
Workshop 1261

Watch this Workshop
What a great workshop! It is one I want to watch over again but am eager to apply what I learned in my session with my client who has a levoscoliosis of the lower thoracic and lumbar spine centered at L2-L3. She has pain radiating to the left glut and SI area. From what I can gather from the web, this is an "S curve" where the thoracic concavity is the left side, the lumbar concavity is the right side. Is this correct? Thank you,
Francine
Madeline Black
Hi Francine your client has an uncommon presentation, levoscolisis, assuming this is her diagnosis from a medical professional. It maybe a three or four curve as you described. Check her medical report for exact definition of her curves. But yes, it would be as your asked but only make this information true to her medical report. This workshop is the opposite of her presentation, be mindful of her condition, work bilaterally more. Strengthen the hips!
1 person likes this.
Thank you! Yes, it is from the MRI print out. Sadly I have no image, just the verbiage. It is quite specific and a bit over my head in terms of the issues...anterolisthesis, retrolisthesis, etc at the different levels of the lumbar. L5 SI is reported to be "unremarkable" but is the area she has the most discomfort. I will do more research and hopefully be able to connect with a medical professional in the near future. In addition, this MRI is also VERY old...2012! I think time for an updated visit on the part of the client!
Thank you again, if I discover any useful insights I will post them here in the hope others can benefit.
1 person likes this.
Thank you for your research and workshop! I'm now going into sessions with a 15 yr gymnast who has scoliosis, so really happy to find these tools to work with as well as the main point of bringing the spine to center.
1 person likes this.
Madeline, do you have an idea of AFAA credits for your Pilates for Scoliosis workshop? It is 3 for PMA.
Madeline Black
Hi Dayna, I do not but as with ACE, you probably can petition them for the CECs.
Thank you. It’s usually like that with AFAA.
Madeline Black Hi, Madeline! I have a client whose spine protrudes posteriorly starting at around T9 and continues on into the L-region. She has minimal curvature to either the R or L, it is, again, all mostly posterior...what recommendations would you have for someone with a case like this? PS...thank you for your Scoliosis workshop, VERY informative! :)
Madeline Black
Stephanie ypur description sounds like a right thoracolumbar curve, similar to Gaby’s in the video. Consider the age of the person, and their physical conditioning. Gaby is strong, has great motor skills and is in her 40’s. If this is a match then many of the movemtns we did are applicable. If not, asses the person and begin from there.
Hi Madeline Black I was just wondering if this workshop would be suitable with people they have a Harrington rod. Thank you
41-50 of 79

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin