Active Aging Tower<br>Amy Havens<br>Class 3196

Active Aging Tower
Amy Havens
Class 3196

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
I am overjoyed with the positive response on this class, thank you ALL so very much. This is a topic and population that I really enjoy working with. Your encouragement and positivity helps keep me on track and I'll keep thinking on this topic and expanding on it. Stay tuned!
Playforever
1 person likes this.
OHHHH Amy! How my Pilatians are going to LOVE this! Thank you so much for sharing your gems of ingenuity with us!!
Thank you so much for this wonderful comment Playforever ! ;)
1 person likes this.
There are SO many terrific balance concepts in this class- thank you Amy Havens -i’ll be digging in and mining ideas for my clients for weeks
1 person likes this.
Amazing class, can't wait to try it!
1 person likes this.
So many techniques, Thank you Amy :)
1 person likes this.
Ok what if my client can’t totally sit up straight ? He is 75 ... has trouble finding neutral pelvis usually posteriorly tilted .... wondering about the seated series in this class would I have him sit on a box while he does the rows and trying to lift one leg into the teaser shape? Also don’t trust him to keep his balance in the lunge portion at the beginning any modification I can do ?? This is a great class cool ideas - thank you!
Christina F
1 person likes this.
Wow Amy!!! This was one of the best classes I’ve ever taken for aging adults-although everyone can benefit!! I love the sling work. So creative!!! Can’t wait to use these exercises tomorrow!
Please make another video like this one.
In the lunges, if the hip is falling out to the side when coming up to balance, what should you do? Obviously glute media’s strength. Any recommendations? Thanks again!!
Elizabeth -- yes you're on track with having your client sit on something if he needs the support. You may want to omit the beginning lunging work until you feel confident he can do it. Building him up slowly will help him feel more successful when it comes time. Maybe have him do lunges with holding onto a tall pole instead of the spring work to prepare him. Let me know how it goes!
Hi Christina , thank you so so much for this feedback! I'm glad you're getting some good ideas here and yes, I'll do a follow up with this, and possibly another piece of equipment. Do you have anything specific you're interested in? To answer your question about the hip falling out to the side, yes glut med but also adductors-- a very synergistic pairing for alignment, support and strength! Let me know how it goes!
21-30 of 83

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin