Day 1: Movement with Purpose<br>Monica Wilson<br>Class 3283

Day 1: Movement with Purpose
Monica Wilson
Class 3283

Watch this Class
Monica Wilson
Hi Andree, Maree and Josephine! So glad to have you join the 30 Day Challenge! I would be happy to help you come up with alternative exercises to complete your workout. It is true, I designed this challenge with the Pilates Instructor OR Well versed Pilates student in mind. The challenge uses many of Joseph Pilates ingenious apparatuses but if you do not have access to some of the ones I use, I would love to get creative with you:)
If it was me (and I didn't have a Wunda Chair) I would grab my magic circle or a medium size soft ball or even a rolled up bath towel and I would do a version of Shoulder Bridge on the mat. Lying on your back, place your feet hip width apart flat on the mat slightly in front of your knees. Place your choice of prop in between your inner thighs and lift your spine up to a table top position articulate up one vertebra at a time.
Monica Wilson
Alternative Exercises Cont'd:
Pretend your feet are on a Wunda Chair peddle and try to challenge yourself to not push it down. Activate your hamstrings, glutes, inner thigh and deep Powerhouse (PH) muscles. Add 20 Magic Circle inner thigh squeezes before articulating down. Repeat 2xs. Next, instead of the Pull Up, I would use my prop to do Corkscrew on the mat. Still lying on your back with your arms extended long by your side, place prop between your ankles and extend legs straight to the ceiling (90 degree angle with the floor). Let the legs fall 2-3 inches away from you towards the floor and DRAW them back up using your PH. Repeat 3xs.
Monica Wilson
Cont'd:
Feel the intensity and control of the PH and inner thighs. Increase the range of motion by lifting just your pelvis with the legs coming closer to your chest rather then piking up towards the ceiling. Repeat 3xs. Add full corkscrew lifting just the pelvis when you come center. This is to mimic the feeling of using your PH to Pull Up the Wunda Chair Peddle. Finally, I would end with the Wall Sit instead of Balance Control. Stand with your whole body from head to toe against the wall. Attempt to pull your PH in and up getting even your lower back to stretch flat against the wall. Walk your feet 2 ft. away from the wall, parallel and hip width apart. Maintaining your energy up, slide down the wall until your legs are at 90 degree angle. Pause for 3 seconds and slide back up using your PH and glutes. Repeat 3xs. Attempt to lift one leg at hip height and repeat 3xs balancing on one leg while keeping your Pilates box square.
Monica Wilson
Hi Judy! I think this class is more of a level 1 class with a lot of energy!
1 person likes this.
thank you Monica I will follow your instructions for the Mat instead of the wound chair
1 person likes this.
Thanks Monica, i liked this workout :) However, i feel my body needs a little bit of back extension now ;)
1 person likes this.
May not be sticking with you for all classes since I have very little equipment but will take in the matt classes when appropriate. Thanks.
1 person likes this.
Thank you for the challenge. I got new ideas from the video. And it is quite interesting to work together. I love the “power house” cue. It is excited to share my feeling on instagram with all the others. Thanks again!
Lina S
1 person likes this.
I've liked the mat portion. I don't use equipment, but I'm willing to pursue the challenge if alternatives are offered for mat workout.
Monica Wilson
I love the positive attitudes! Being a 30-Day challenge, there are a lot of classes to look forward to. My hope is that even if you do not have all of the apparatuses I use, you will still be able to enjoy most of the workouts. And again, just reach out to me for alternatives and we can get creative together:)
11-20 of 37

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin