In this exciting Pilates workshop, you will be presented with the tools to assist you in becoming a skillful hands-on practitioner. You will learn how touch can greatly enhance your communication as well as the effectiveness of the exercises you already know.
With this comprehensive approach, through practice on your colleagues, you will:
1. Learn what it means to administer the firm but gentle, intentional, instructional touch.
2. Learn the importance of giving and receiving feedback.
3. Sharpen your skills of intuition and perception as it regards interacting with your clients and peers.
4. Study the issue of boundaries; when to touch, how to touch, what touch means, appropriate vs. inappropriate contact.
5. Learn how to position your body in relation to the apparatus you are working on and actually learn to use your body as a leveraging tool to preserve and even strengthen your body as you administer care and attention to your clients.
6. Review key exercises on each and every apparatus in the Pilates repertoire, from mat to the barrel!
7. Build confidence and improve the overall quality of your teaching in a very short time.
We encourage you to experience the teaching of this gifted individual.
This workshop does not have any associated Continuing Education Credits.
Download the handout used in the workshop