Group Reformer Fun<br>Niedra Gabriel<br>Class 1344

Group Reformer Fun
Niedra Gabriel
Class 1344

Watch this Class
Niedra Gabriel
Thank you Mardi, for this comment.
I assume all reformers have a box, but perhaps they don't - so yes, that is a prop that should be listed.
Mardi ~ The box is considered part of the equipment and most Reformer workouts include a few exercises on the box. Kristi filmed a tutorial that offers a few modifications you can use if you don't have a box. I hope it helps!
Leelee
Loved the class...on the box note, for those of us who do these exercises at home alone, I wish there were many more reformer workouts without one. I do have one and every time it is called for I use it, but, keep waiting for something to happen on it and my husband to find me passed out on the floor. I consider it very unsafe for those of us that are alone to use it. All it will take is one distraction for me to flip over on it. I have already had a couple of near misses...
Niedra Gabriel
Leelee, what sort of machine are you working on and is the box big or small? do you have a safety strap? for the short hoax? which exercises are you concerned about? there is something you are missing to have such an unsafe experience going on. Lets see if we can sort out the problem here.
Leelee
Brand new allegro 2, the box is the one that is made for it. All my equipment is brand new. Yes, I have the safety strap that you use for footwork, but, there are no other straps that I know of. I am very careful of how I move, but, I am pretty small. 5'1, 110lbs, 56 yo...thanks for taking an interest.
Leelee
Oh, and I bought the elevated allegro 2 with the attached tower. I bought Peak Pilates wunder chair and a a few other pieces from gratz, balanced body, etc...the only piece I have a problem with is the box...not all the time, but aca
Leelee
Sorry, the times I have a problem are when I use extra equipment or turn my weight to one side or the other
Niedra Gabriel
I have never been on an allegro so I am guessing with my answers. First, the box should feel very stable when you place it on the reformer, both for long and short Box. If it does not feel stable, something needs to be done to make it stable ( now sure what - put weights under the empty part? ) then in short box, you must have your feet hooked into the safety strap ( not sure if there is one as I have no idea what you are referring to using iwht foot work. ) so your feet are pulling on the taunt strap before you shift your weight around. In long box variations ( pulling the straps, T, back stroke, teaser) all your trunk should be on the box, creating the stability, so when you roll up in teaser, there should be no shifting around. without being there, I have no idea if these suggestions are solving your problem or not.
Niedra Gabriel
Do you have anyone who can come to your home and trouble shoot what you are doing? it needs to be resolved, as this is NOT the way your session should be progressing. If you are really stuck I do offer Skype lessons and we could try resolving your situation that way. if this is something you wanted to consider my contact info is niedra@spirit-moves.com
Leelee
Thank you so much, I never thought of using weights and I do have a few very good Pilates instructor's I work with here. I will see if I can get one to run by my house. If we can't figure it out I will get one of my kids to help me Skype you! Thanks again
11-20 of 28

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin