Articulating your Spine<br>Pat Guyton<br>Class 2153

Articulating your Spine
Pat Guyton
Class 2153

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
This is sooooo helpful!!! Moving the thoracic without the lumbar spine! Thank you for the great cueing, Pat.
1 person likes this.
Kathy Grant once said, "Your body should fit the shape of the equipment". This does not sound too astounding until applied. One vertebrae at a time and deliberate articulation with purpose. Thanks for the comment!
1 person likes this.
Brilliant cueing, loved the sprockets image and the lumbar-thoracic disassociation. Thanks a lot :)
Really really excellent cues and so helpful for articulation in spine dance.
Feeling long! Wish I could have been there! Thank you!
Fantástic class!!
Thank You very much
1 person likes this.
Such great intentional cueing!!! Especially liked the cueing for the teaser. In fact, I've never been able to do teaser before, but I was able to do it here!! So excited!
Thank you for the comments. Those of us who teach at Pilates Anytime want you to enjoy and to have take-homes. Regarding the teaser, I do not think it is effective to hip flex to initiate the exercise. I learned this from teaching girls gymnastics. Those little athletes could find every trick to muscle through warm up to get to the "real stuff". Without the core skills, the big tricks never work and the judges do deduct for bad form. Imagine two judges watching your performance and scoring. I like at least a 5+ at my age!!!!
1 person likes this.
Such a useful class for myself and my teaching Thank You Pat!
Thank you! I am glad that you found this class beneficial. Ron Fletcher introduced me to the Spine Corrector in 1994. I had thought that you just sat and threw your back over the top and hoped for a good outcome. He credits Clara Pilates for his understanding, but I know that he did much of the choreography that he taught me. Ron encouraged his students to go forward and make it our work. May you be fruitful on your journey.
1-10 of 30

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin