Articulating your Spine<br>Pat Guyton<br>Class 2153

Articulating your Spine
Pat Guyton
Class 2153

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
Very nice class and quite tough (I'm new to the Spine Corrector, working at home with a Pilates Arc)! I would appreciate an SC class that's just a little more basic and slow to help learn the movements in detail. I know Meredith's and Amy's intro classes, but maybe something longer... happy to hear recommendations! :) Thank you Pat for sharing this with the PA community!
1 person likes this.
Thank you! This was created as a class and with the intension of giving a workout. What I love about PA is that they offer tutorials and classes. But I agree with you. The Spine Corrector is actually one of the hardest pieces of equipment to learn in my teacher training program because each person must be able to match the individual anatomy to the anatomy of the spine corrector and no one will look the same. Otherwise, it can be dismissed as "too easy" or "too uncomfortable". I will talk to PA and suggest that we do some tutorials on the above. Then we could add a class that is for beginners.
1 person likes this.
Also, if you experienced a tough class, I would guess that you were doing it fairly well. Otherwise you would not have the discernment to write the above.
1 person likes this.
Pat Guyton Thank you so much for your comments! Yes, I guess there is not really a "Level 1" for the Spine Corrector, is there? :) I suppose that my main concern is if I'm doing it right. But while it is really challenging I already feel that it's fantastic for my spine and back! I will definitely keep coming back to this class and dig in even more. Your suggestion about tutorials plus a beginner class sounds perfect to me, and I would love to see you in those as well :) Thank you again!
Julia R ~ You can find some of our more basic Spine Corrector classes here. Hopefully we'll be able to film more of them in the future.
1 person likes this.
Gia Calhoun Thank you, I will check these out :)
Excellent, Pat, and thank you! I adore spine corrector but have lacked some of the depth of understanding that you conveyed with your images and explanations. My work will be more thoughtful now, and better!
This was immensely helpful - thank you so much Pat!  As an "older" Pilates instructor, taking care of my own body has taken a backseat. I will be doing this work daily!! And then, when I can open my studio, offer some of these moves to my clients!
Medea
Thank you very much Pat! I am a reformer teacher and contortionist. I just received my spine corrector and this is very helpful! I hope to begin my contortion practice with classes like yours which can extend that career into a long and healthy time.
such a difference in the spine dance - hips spine everything - GRAZZI
21-30 of 30

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin