Back Extensions<br>Niedra Gabriel<br>Workshop 1189

Back Extensions
Niedra Gabriel
Workshop 1189

Watch this Workshop
Hallo Dedra.
I am in the process of watching the workshop and learing a lot.
You mantioned the book: how to cure back pain, however, AmaZon doesdnt show it by the auther that your mentions, can you help?
1 person likes this.
Hi Niedra,
I love your workshop, I really cherish every minute! There is so much to learn! I really appriciate that your work unconventionally by giving cues that might not be the normal rules, but serve the cause in that special case and goal! And I thank you for having different people up to show how you work with them. This is how we ake advantage in our own work! I guess I will watch this again and again because I have many clients with stiff shoulders and hardly any backextension. You gave me new hope to finally get somewhere!
Thank you Niedra and thank you pilatesanytime!
Wonderful cues and directions or backbending!
Niedra Gabriel
thank you all for your comments.
Silke - the book is called " How to deal with Back Pain and Rheumatoid Joint pain" by Fereydoon Batmangelidj. I just checked on amazon and you can find the book there.
I hope you find the book and I also recommend " your bodies many cries for water" it is very basic and profound how lack of hydration can cause many conditions. Enjoy.
Just reviewing this workshop for myself....I really found it so profound your thoughts on how Pilates teachers develope a 'hump' from teaching the beginner and intermediate work so much! And how we need to continue to take the leap into the advanced work with the strength we now have from the intermediate work and add the freedom of movement of the advanced work. Your way of thinking about the work just clicks for me! Awesome!
Niedra Gabriel
Thank you Yoly, I am delighted to be reading this, always nice to know that what I am saying communicates into someone else's reality. Someday I would love to meet you and work with you, I KNOW we would have a blast .
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much for this workshop!! I learned a lot and encouraged me to go into deeper backbends , also with my clients. I love the way you explain things. Being a yoga teacher I always missed deep backbends and hip openers in pilates. Maybe you can create a workshop one day on opening hips using pilates equipment? Specially men are so tight there. Thanks a lot !
Niedra Gabriel
Good to read your comment Francisco, I like your idea of a workshop on hip openers with the equipment, it is in the method for sure, but not always a direction of focus for teachers.
Really enjoyed this workshop. I love this style of teaching and it's great to see students that have some issues. Am so looking forward to get into the studio tomorrow. Although if a skull is 25-30 pounds (caddy chapter 16mins), I must be a little lacking in brain matter with mine at 10 pounds!
Niedra Gabriel
Hi David, I am laughing - yes, you are right, an average head weighs more like 10 - 12 lbs, but the weight changes depending on the angle the head is held at : here is something I found to explain what I mean: A recent study published in the journal 'Surgical Technology International' shows that when you are standing or sitting straight your head weighs, 10 to 12 lbs. on average.
But if you lean 15 degrees forward, the head weight is more like 27 lbs. With a 30-degree tilt, 40 lbs.
A 45-degree angle and it feels like 49 lbs.
And when you are hunched over at a 60-degree angle looking at a mobile device your head puts a 60 lbs. strain on your neck.
I suppose you get more brain power the lower you hang your head !
1-10 of 12

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin