Upper Body Mat<br>Niedra Gabriel<br>Class 2311

Upper Body Mat
Niedra Gabriel
Class 2311

Watch this Class
I love the creative use of the weights, the flow, and the great cues. Thank you!
i'm not sure about the shoulder stretch where the head is on the floor and weighted. I don't think this is good for the cervical spine.
Niedra Gabriel
Thanky ou for your comment Jeannene, ijust be careful not to flatten the neck when you do this, and if it desk not agree with you, then don't do this, some of the length will depend on how compressed or relaxed the whole spine it. Best of success to you.
N. Burke
I really enjoy this class. Great cues and flow, and the addition of weights is just what I was looking for.
Niedra Gabriel
Thanks for your post N. happy you enjoyed this workout.
Thank You Niedra What a wonderful class. Your cueing is beautiful, I was almost able to follow by listening. I just registered to take mat 1 and 2 with power pilates in NY. I can't wait. You class is a perfect prep for the long weekend.
Niedra Gabriel
Good luck with your training Jennifer - you will love it! Weekend trainings are always a challenge but coming out the other end and then applying what you learned with students is the journey and I am sure you will love every phase.
Lovely class! Added to my favorites. Thank you.
When rolling like a ball, head is not supposed to touch the mat. Wonder why the instructor rests her head while rolling
Niedra Gabriel
Saniya, what a great question. from my perspective, it really depends on who you are training and the level of the training. At beginner / fundamentals I look to get the control coming from the core, and the extremities limited.at that time yes, the head is not taking any weight and the roll is limited to the shoulder blades. Later, in advanced work, the structure is already healthy strong, flexible and balanced so you can roll more deeply. I do not see a problem in rolling onto the neck, when the rest of the body is already well educated, quite the reverse, many of my clients find it releases tension and opens up the tissue, and the head floats up when they stand more easily.
Hope this gives some depth to your understanding.
1-10 of 25

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin