Ideal Position for your Body<br>Ruth Alpert<br>Tutorial 2690

Ideal Position for your Body
Ruth Alpert
Tutorial 2690

Watch this Tutorial
1 person likes this.
Would you consider having a client cross the ankles, and drop the knees open, which can bring down the angle of the knees to sits bones to 90. Thanks!
1 person likes this.
Great modifications with different types of clients. we see so many different types its really great to see different options and see how those options work---visually and by the clients comments. More PA More
1 person likes this.
That makes so much sense. Thank you!
Thank you ALL for such great comments! I was away for the weekend teaching a workshop and so am reading these now all at once... I'm so grateful it hit home for you all! I'll answer the questions in separate comment boxes....
Jill Carlton - thanks for the explanation of moon boxes, that makes sense to me. Lynn Pringle - good idea to ask Ken Endelman. I can't remember whether I once did, or just thought I should but I'll follow that up and post here his reply.
Susanna Hills -
1) I'm not sure what the padding is. I brought it to an upholsterer and they used something on the firm side but they didn't tell me the name of it. But you want it firm, not sinking into soft. Just soft enough so sitz bones don't get bruised! Not memory foam, for instance... more like the high barrel.

2) My preference is to have a "floor" under feet. It's subtle, but there is just a tiny bit of pull on the lumbar when the feet are dangling. If the feet are not on a surface, then activating them in a strong heel flex, digging your heels into something, can be a substitute.
Olivia Keister - if moving back really does level the knees to the sitz, then it's a fine choice. But with someone really tall (Perry), or really long legged (Michele Larsson), I don't think moving back would be enough. The point being: any solution is ok if you get the concept and watch and observe and get feedback from your client to validate whether it's working or not.
Barb Owens - see answer to Olivia Keister above - yes, I think crossing the feet and dropping the knees open could be another solution. Just have them cross their feet both ways: do a set of arms with feet crossed one way, and then another set with feet crossed the other way. Guaranteed the first way the client crosses their feet will be their patterned imbalance, so make sure to give their body the opposite information, too!
Melanie H
1 person likes this.
As an Instructor who qualified 2 years ago and therefor still inexperienced on many levels THIS WAS EXTREMELY HELPFUL!!! Thanks Ruth and Pilates Anytime!!!
Thanks Melanie - I'm so glad this info is coming early for you!
11-20 of 49

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin