Mat for Back Pain<br>Monica Wilson<br>Class 3061

Mat for Back Pain
Monica Wilson
Class 3061

Watch this Class
Marta M
Hi Monica, great class.
I was also told that if you have a lumbar herniation disc you are not suppose to flex the spine, but the more i red the more i know it is not just "black or white"
so correct me if i am wrong:
as i understood you checked the client range of movement to check if she was experiencing any pain, then you progress to let the client fully engage the abdominal imprinting the spine on the mat keeping the neutral pelvis so the L5 would stretch and be protected by the abdominal wall so the she could progressing to a flexion forward for hundred?the circle helps as well to stabilize the hips and work trough the middle lien connection?
thank you!!
Marta
very interesting class! I like your cueing and the modifications you used.
1 person likes this.
I loved the way you kept checking to see if the client remained pain free! Everything you did in this class is so beneficial to me! I’ll stick with this until it becomes second nature. Once it does, is there a follow up Class you would suggest? Thank you!
Monica Wilson
Hi Lanette! So glad you enjoyed the class! I have not done a follow up class with Tara but I will get back to you with a suggestion:)
1 person likes this.
Thank you for this Class.
Years ago, i have had an injury at my spine.
Pilates helped me all the years, to become stronger.
Everybody have to find out which moves are comfortable and makeable. I learned to work with my Problem as near as i can to my spine.
When we learned to teach Pilates, we learned it for People with no injurys.
So, i´m with your aunt...we are Pilates Teachers, but this Video help to understand how we could help People with injurys.
1 person likes this.
Loved this teaching class. I agree that we should be encouraging back pain suffers to mobilise....safely!! Our spines are strong structures and we don't need to live as invalides with " weak" backs, rather depressing.life is for living and moving
1 person likes this.
My back has literally been a pain. I did your class a couple days in a row and what a difference thanks!
1 person likes this.
Would love to see more pilates classes such as this one but with a continuous flow so that once you understand the principles, you can just get going with it. Do you have any such classes?
Monica Wilson
Hi Carol, you've read my mind. Next time I film I would like to teach the flow:)
Monica Wilson
Hi Everyone! I'm finally filming a follow up class with Tara today. Super excited! Hopefully we do a few more and offer you a series. It should be available for viewing in a month. Be on the lookout:)
21-30 of 45

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin