Zesty Mat<br>Sarah Bertucelli<br>Class 3533

Zesty Mat
Sarah Bertucelli
Class 3533

Watch this Class
Thank Nicole Smith! Love that you took this class again.
1 person likes this.
nice zest...question for you, why double leg stretch before single leg stretch....is that a BASI thing? Loved the tricep press ups in prep for Leg Pull Back, the iguana walk and the final roll to get to standing! Thankyou
Hi [Jennifer, Yes it is a BASI thing. If Double Leg Stretch will be part of the series, it is nice to do first so that the leg changing in Single Leg Stretch and Criss Cross is continuous. Still, sometimes I mix up the order!
1 person likes this.
Great class , super teacher .
1 person likes this.
What a great class Sarah! I love your energy, cueing and flow. Your sense of fun is infectious! Can’t wait to see more of your classes.
thanks Susan!
1 person likes this.
OK, so I am actually in the middle of this class and I want to make sure I am doing everything correctly. So, In the position of "rolled over supported by your hands" doing the splits then bicycle" I feel absolutely nothing in my legs. I must need to work on technique because I don't feel it in my abs either. Frankly I only feel it in my neck! I am an X gymnast, frequent yogini, but at 60, getting stiff! Hoping to develop a disciplined Pilates practice via this site to control mid belly bloat! THX!
Hi Ginger. Thanks for reaching out. Scissor and Bicycle are very difficult exercises to master(or even attempt for some). Without seeing your body, it is difficult to know what cues to give but I am happy to offer some general ideas. Firstly, this exercise is more about control, so it is not uncommon to not "feel" the abs or legs. Having said that, in order to execute this exercise, a person needs to use the abs while in hyperextension of the spine while moving the legs through a large range of motion. Perhaps try the exercise with something( a ball, foam roll, step barrel) under your pelvis for support to work on the leg pattern and try to engage hip extensors(hamstrings first and then gluts). Next, work on simply holding the pelvis up with support from abs(and arms). Perhaps practice this shape without the leg pattern. If you continue to feel in your neck, take a break from the move and try again after more Pilates practice. Hope this helps.
1 person likes this.
Loved this workout! U are a wonderful teacher; clear cues and GREAT personality
Thanks so much Lynn!
31-40 of 52

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin