Day 2: Extension<br>Carrie Pages<br>Class 4039

Day 2: Extension
Carrie Pages
Class 4039

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
I LOVED the video! I disagree with the negative feedback. I think you made it clear it was something to build up to not to hit on first try. You gave great reasoning for each move and a strong building blocks ... great job! I have a client who is presently building back up to her back bends (post hip surgery) and I love to have these to add on. Thanks for all your hard work!

Melissa D
1 person likes this.
Everything was good until the backbend. I am not really sure how someone who is on the level of the other exercises would be able to do those. So I left this session feeling pretty crappy, watching a bunch of extensions I cannot do.  Meh. 
Chuhang G
1 person likes this.
I felt really defeated after this class because the back bend just wasn’t possible. This class is not for people without strong shoulders and back. Hope the next one will be more accessible.
1 person likes this.
I enjoyed this video! I think it was very clear from the beginning what was the focus. I can't do inversions (vertigo) so I went through the workout just for the work on the back muscles. I  LOVE any back extension, it feels delicious after being hunched at the computer and as a surfer I enjoy working those muscles--I probably bring more strength in that area than some viewers. 
1 person likes this.
Being in my mid 60’s the idea of a full back bend is only a dream!
Not enough flexibility in the thorax to get there!
Chuhang Hi there!  I promise you will find the next workout more accessible.  Hang in there with me through the challenge.  Since each workout has a different focus I assure you that you'll find empowerment I was hoping to deliver in the next class.  
Melissa Hi there!  I hate the thought that you felt crappy at the end of this class, but I promise if you hang in there with me and see the challenge through you will experience the joy and empowerment that it's designed to deliver in the end.  Thanks for your feedback and I so hope you'll meet me on the mat tomorrow!  - Carrie
Celeste Thanks so much for this kind message!
Connie Thanks so much for your feedback and they're Lululemon from years ago!

1 person likes this.
Marisa Thanks for your feedback!  Yes, it's all about goals, progressions, starting one place and building up to something else!  I've been thinking through suggestions for building up the strength component.  My suggestion is to use light weights and do simple overhead presses.  Definitely continue to stretch like we did in Mermaid too.  I feel like those two exercises combined could help.  Keep me posted!
21-30 of 121

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin