Full-Body Prenatal Reformer<br>Leah Stewart<br>Class 308

Full-Body Prenatal Reformer
Leah Stewart
Class 308

Watch this Class
Great class, thanks Leah! Put some of your cues in my pocket for later. I am looking forward to transferring the knowledge to my clients.
Great Class, Great Instructor! There isn't alot of info out there for PreNatal exercises on Reformer, and I really found this immensely helpful. Nice cuing and thoughtful.
Hi Leah,
Love your class. I've heard a lot about avoiding spinal flexion during pregnancy. What is your view on this?
John - I am so glad that you found the class helpful!

Georgia - It is the type of spinal flexion that is performed during pregnancy that is the concern. During the latter half of pregnancy (when the belly has definitely become bigger due to growing baby and uterus) one should stay away from the traditional abdominal exercises that utilize "weighted flexion" such as the Hundred or Double Leg Stretch. That particular position of spinal flexion will place extra pressure on the expanded uterus which is already stretching the abdominals to their max potentially causing further separation causing an unwanted severe diastasis recti. But, one can perform safe spinal flexion and safe abdominal exercises such as a seated pelvic tilt or "roll back". I hope that this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
I have just found your classes on here and I think you are wonderful!
Fantastic workout. I can't wait to use this with my pregnant clients!
great training!! i was desperated to being pregnant without doing a challenging workout…this give me a great feeling with my body awareness and my need to train hard…..thank a lot
When I watch the class it stops at about 20 mns. Is there anything I can do about this? Fabulous class up to there, I hope to see it completely!
I figured that it works with auto-detect! It´s a wonderful class, thank you, Leah.
Petra - so glad that you enjoyed the class. Yes, it can be challenging, but it is safe

Katja - Glad that the class played all the way for you!

Leah
21-30 of 61

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin