Restorative Foam Roller<br>Meredith Rogers<br>Class 3557

Restorative Foam Roller
Meredith Rogers
Class 3557

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
I'm in the same boat with a back injury. This was perfect!
1 person likes this.
I'm in the same boat with a back injury. This was perfect!
I'm so glad this was helpful for so many of you.
It seems we all need to slow down a little sometimes.
1 person likes this.
Wonderful! All the best to you Meredith
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much for this! Exactly what I needed today. I was so achy after sitting in a car for 3 hours yesterday!
1 person likes this.
Thank you, Meredith Rogers ! Was looking for "restorative foam roller" after a long, emotional day and teaching in the evening - just what i needed! Also nice you are from the BASI-family where i am currently doing my comprehensive teacher training - additionally to my mat exam, that i did 2 years ago. I am currently enjoying to find more depth of the work through the cttc modules and am very curious how the journey will continue. So for that i am also looking forward to trying your Reformer Class
1 person likes this.
PS: There is one question i have regarding the spiral stretch with the feet wide. When i put my knees to the left side several vertebrae always crack. It doesn't hurt, but i nevertheless wonder, what that means in terms of imbalance in my body - because they don't do it when i do the stretch to the other direction. Different oblique strength? Differently developed psoas? Quadratus lumborum? The only thing my orthopedist says is "well, you're hyperflexible" - which is a little dissatisfying as an answer... Somehow i can not really put my head around it or make sense of it in relation to trying to work towards more symmetry in my body... Might be hard to say from the distance, but if you have any idea, I'd be happy to know.
I'm also not sure Jenny.
Guessing maybe a pelvic imbalance with accompanying muscular imbalances but hard to give a concrete answer. Sorry to not be more helpful.
1 person likes this.
Thanks for your answer, Meredith Rogers! Yes, probably it is that. Since also one hip is a lot more externally rotated than the other and the flexibility of the hamstrings one one side is less... Guess there are effects up and down the muscular chain. Sometimes i find it frustrating that it is hard to nail down to one cause, but then if it was easy, wouldn't it be boring ? The figuring out IS the work. In the end that's what i love about working with movement: the endless fascination of new discoveries i am making: about movement, about myself and my habits... And while it can be frustrating at times to not know it is also reassuring that nobody is ever done with it. Am just reminded of that while writing now. No need to be sorry, for not being more helpful. Somehow your not knowing was probably exactly what i needed to be reminded of: Knowing might be helpful, but sensing should be the base for it. Reminder to self: Trust my senses!
Oh Jenny,
I LOVE so much your response to my response. It is so true that we never really know and that we can only trust our intuition and listen to our bodies. Would it help to know that I am still only mildly successful in navigating what I perceive as the "imbalances" in my own body after over twenty years of Pilates? As soon as I think I have it sorted, something else shifts. So, YES, it is a constant exploration and HECK YES to that's what keeps it interesting!
21-30 of 91

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin