Mat for Thorax and Planks<br>Elizabeth Larkam<br>Class 4016

Mat for Thorax and Planks
Elizabeth Larkam
Class 4016

Watch this Class
Joy L
1 person likes this.
A Beautiful  build up to some strong movement, I loved this. My first time watching you on Pilates anytime, definitely will not be the last!
Joy, Welcome to Pilates Anytime! I have 48 classes/workshops on Pilates Anytime. Lots more where this one came from. Enjoy
Ludovica U
1 person likes this.
it's always a pleasure listen to your voice and cueing...you are so graceful! and I love this sequence of exercises!thanks!
Deborah B
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much.  Love your cuing and reminders.  I feel my shoulders getting stronger already. Any suggestions for weak wrists?
Dara P
1 person likes this.
Always love you and your classes.  Fabulous progressions and preparatory into weight bearing and doing so with efficiency and ease.
Deborah, thank you for asking about wrist care in plank sequencing. One option offered in the class is weight bearing on the forearms. Another option is to roll up your mat to support the heel of the hand, the base of the hand under the wrist. Customize the height of the cushion in order to decrease your wrist compression. Another option is to experiment with placing weight toward the thumb side of your hand or the little finger side of the hand. Weight bearing through the thumb side of your hand will recruit support from the anterior shoulder and thorax. Weight bearing through the little finger side of the hand will recruit support from the lateral border of the scapula and the serrates anterior.
1 person likes this.
Thank you Elizabeth.  That was amazing.  I broke my arm skiiing last year and I found your class to be a really intelligent way to combine fascial release and strengthening. The build up to your "peak" exercises was just right and allowed for a lot of learning on the journey!
Carol, delighted to hear that this sequence was effective for your arm skiing injury. All the best to you
1 person likes this.
That was *excellent* . . . the exploration I've been seeking for YEARS.  I look forward to learning more from you.  Thank you!
Thank you for this incredible class ...so informative... so intuitive how you progress into each exercise.  I have watched many times and have used the warm up for clients who find difficulty in weight bearing and it has helped so much.  
41-50 of 83

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin