Inside Bone Health<br>Rebekah Rotstein<br>Workshop 577

Inside Bone Health
Rebekah Rotstein
Workshop 577

Watch this Workshop
Niurka C
1 person likes this.
Great workshop Perfect for my final work !!! Thanks!
Rebekah, I read on your website that being a PT and taking a course (including this one on PA) will license me as a "Pilates for Buff Bones" instructor. Just want to clarify-- is this the case? Either way I am looking forward to taking this workshop!
Lori, I'm not sure of the answer. I will forward your message to Rebekah but she is on her way back from Spain I believe, so it may be a few days before she is able to respond.

Hi Lori, (Yes I just returned last night from teaching workshops in Spain!) Thanks for your question. No that's actually not accurate - let me clarify. This PA "Inside Bone Health" workshop will fulfill the pre-requisite to attend the Pilates for Buff Bones® instructor training, so that when you attend it, you will already have the essential background knowledge on bone health. After attending the 17 hour weekend training (offering PMA CECs too) and passing the exams, you will THEN be a licensed Pilates for Buff Bones instructor. Does that make sense? (//www.incorporatingmovement.com/fa q.html) The next training is actually in a few weeks in southern California in Orange County at the studio of Amy Cady (another Pilates Anytime instructor!) June 29 - July 1. It's Fri evening and all day Sat and Sun. Please email me directly through my web site with further questions!
1 person likes this.
Thanks Kristi and Rebekah for your quick responses! Looking forward to taking the workshop this weekend.
Thanks for providing this workshop. As a student, I found the information very helpful. I was wondering if I could get a clarification about Rebekah's thoughts on external femur rotation specifically pigeon pose? She mentioned that some people recommend against it (part 1 about 58:26) but I’m not clear if she agrees. I have heard people who say it is contraindicated and I realize there are gray areas but I would like to know her thoughts on the stress it may cause to the neck of the femur. Is it an absolute no-no like load bearing forward flexion or not necessarily a problem for people that have only slightly reduced bone density.Thanks in advance, Kelley
Hi Kelley, thanks for your question. I have not seen evidence to support the concern, but logically it makes sense that if a femoral neck is weak in it's tensile strength and the hiprotators are tight and short, that the pidgeon pose could put too much strain force there. There are other ways to stetch there without placing the entire body weight on it that could be safer.
Lovely exchange Rebekah and Kelley! Thank you!
I can watch about 15 20 minutes and it cuts me off! Can you please help me out!
Andrea~ I have sent you an email to try and help you out with this problem.
21-30 of 59

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin