Thoracic Spine Movement<br>Tom McCook<br>Tutorial 2824

Thoracic Spine Movement
Tom McCook
Tutorial 2824

Watch this Tutorial
Thank you, Tom, excellent. I am currently in training and the Thoracic movement has been difficult for me to move. Your instructions have really cleared that up for me. I will practice and see what my instructors notices' next time. Thank you
Really helpful thanks Tom. One to revisit a few times. Glad it's not just me who finds visualising the diaphragm difficult:)
Tom McCook this workshop completely revolutionized the way I introduce and cue exercises that involve movement in the thoracic spine. Thank you! But, I've also found that without the biofeedback from the tactile cuing, the exercises are significantly less effective for helping clients learn to move better. Do you have any strategies for providing that biofeedback to clients who are uncomfortable being touched (and for instructors to help improve their own movement!)?
Always enjoy your classes! I took Franklin Method Level 1 and it is so helpful to see how you incorporate the method with Pilates work. You have always been an inspiration!
Thank you Debbie & Eric for your feedback and questions.
Happy to hear you're finding the tutorial helpful!!
Eric tactile support is really helpful for everyone and for those who have difficulty with touch use Franklin balls, rollers, visual aids and clear verbal instruction to sense, embody and a understand the body better. Verbally let them know what they're doing instead of just attempting to correct them. If we amplify the error, it helps us to self- correct and understand their patterns better. For self-practice, begin with a clear understanding of the area you want to improve, mobilize the area and practice movements that are slow and smooth for better propioceptive feedback and insight.
The focus and detail in this was wonderful. I have a spinal fusion L3-L5, with a slight thoracic curve since my fusion. This work will help me so much! Thank you!
The focus and detail in this was wonderful. I have a spinal fusion L3-L5, with a slight thoracic curve since my fusion. This work will help me so much! Thank you!
EXCELLENT!!!
lower back pain
1 person likes this.
Hi Declan,
Thanks for your feedback, it sounds like you're experiencing low back pain from some of the exercises. If it's in any of the rotational movements, be mindful to not arch the back as you rotate. It's a tendency to open the front ribs in rotation that can lead to more back cramping with less oblique activation. Make sure the front ribs on the side rotating towards are drawing in during the rotation. Also make the movements slower and smaller and see how they feel. All the best! Tom
21-30 of 49

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin