Mat for Dancers<br>Karen Clippinger<br>Class 3523

Mat for Dancers
Karen Clippinger
Class 3523

Watch this Class
Karen Clippinger
Hello Helena, Clare and Vivian,
Thank you for your wonderful comments and I am so glad you enjoyed it. I think working in a large range of motion with the hip and spine is so important for keeping a healthy and expressive body.
Karen Clippinger
Leigh:
You are welcome and please do modify to do only what is safe for your body. The iliopsoas is very deep and difficult to palpate. The video shows one approach. In this approach you need to make sure that the torso stays bent forward and that you concentrate on relaxing the abdominals. Then in this very flexed position, lift the leg high towards your armpit. Since the iliopsoas is particularly effective in higher ranges of hip flexion, you will hopefully feel with your finger (and perhaps an internal sensation) of a muscle tightening deep below the abdominal wall as you lift your leg. In dance this muscle is often emphasized because it is held that you can lift your leg higher to the front and side if you strengthen and learn better activation of the iliopsoas.
Joe M
This video keeps freezing up after a few seconds!! Others in the app work fine so I don‘t think it’s a problem with my internet connection... so frustrating... I love Karen’s classes...
Karen Clippinger
Joe:
So sorry to hear this. I will let Pilates Anytime know and please follow-up with them, too.
Thank you Karen. I have a quite damaged wrist hence problem with many many exercises (infuriating). Re the psoas - I know I have trigger points which are limiting both stretch and strengthening. It is difficult to pinpoint hence my question. Thanks very much.
Joe ~ I'm sorry you were having trouble with this video. I have adjusted your account to our other video player in the hopes that it streams better for you. If you continue to have trouble, please email us at support@pilatesanytime.com.
o wow, hard work but so satisfying :) clear instructions, i love it! thanx!
Hi Karen- I really enjoyed your class today. I am not a dancer so I thought it would be a great challenge for me. It certainly was. I did pretty well and feel great! Thank you
Oh this was really good.. I am walking like zombies right now 😂😂😂
Costanza B
Love those band tricks! I'll keep them in mind for sure!
11-20 of 40

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin