Active Aging Reformer<br>Amy Havens<br>Class 3604

Active Aging Reformer
Amy Havens
Class 3604

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
Love your classes Amy! Thank you
1 person likes this.
The dowel under the sitz bones was genius. Im in love with it. So simple. Also the class is so interesting. You continue to challenge my body but also my thinking.
1 person likes this.
Amy, your classes are amazing. Always something new to learn. The opening stretch of the back in the well was amazing, and I loved the dowel under the leg work - great for shoulder positioning. But loved also all the balance work. Thanks!
1 person likes this.
nice variations!
1 person likes this.
Ok this is cool and I like this but i feel it’s too difficult for true active agers like 80 year old dudes A can barely lay on their side because of frozen shoulder - and B would not be comfortable standing on the reformer for side splits - too dangerous for a fall- id say this is appropriate workout for like a 60 yr old - but 75 or 80 no way - what kind of side lying stuff could we do on the Cadillac that is more stable for them to get on and off of? Also lots of people can’t lay on their shoulder - what’s an alternate shoulder position - block under the head and arms reach forward? Thanks
Thank you all so much for this positive feedback and encouragement for this type of programming. This class is appropriate for almost anyone -- active 'aging' or not. I happy to hear you've gotten some good ideas, some inspiration and some fresh perspective for what's possible.
1 person likes this.
Elizabeth -- thank you for your comments. I give these types of exercises to both my men and women of various ages -- even those in their 80's. Yes, I pad and prop them differently, but they still do it. Not all 'active agers' have shoulder issues or frozen shoulder, so they are more than able to do quite a lot, and they need and WANT to. I have an 85 yr old client doing this program just fine. I'd encourage you to look at the potential of all your clients and help them recognize their potential. I respect your questioning, but I'd also encourage you to recognize a seasoned and experienced teacher when you see one. I'm happy to help answer other questions if you have them.
1 person likes this.
YES Amy Havens Thank you for a wonderful class. I have low bone density and beginning osteoporosis in my hip area, and also a lot of issues in my mid-thoracic area after an accident earlier this year. I feel much, stronger, longer and balanced by doing this video and got really deep work in my core too (yay!). The coordination movements + adding of weights was brilliant, and I can already see how many and who of my clients that can benefit greatly from it More of this, please
1 person likes this.
Great class! As a new Pilates instructor, who is also recovering from a herniated disc, this was perfect! I have included these exercises into my own practice and will offer them to my students who find flexion work difficult. Thank you, Amy!
1 person likes this.
Lovely class, love the coordination movements, the balancing. Great cueing.
21-30 of 86

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin