- Learn the definition of structural versus functional scoliosis
- Understand the mechanics of scoliosis and its health risk
- Assess the type of scoliosis
- Use exercises to specifically minimize the curve and to create elongation with a balance of mobility and stability
- Learn a three planar approach to movement choices in programming
- Teach on the Mat, Pilates apparatus using props, and learn specific cues directed toward scoliosisWe want to thank Jean Claude West for the 3D imaging.
If you complete this workshop, you will earn:
3.0 credits from National Pilates Certification Program (NPCP)
The National Pilates Certification Program is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA)
3.0 credits from Pilates Alliance Australasia (PAA)
The Pilates Alliance Australasia (PAA) is an independent and not-for-profit organization established by the Pilates industry as a regulatory body for control of quality instruction, member support, and integrity within all legitimate approaches to the Pilates Method.